In order to widen the public consultation purview and realize enough transparency, NTC shall carry out the following:
- Consult all stakeholders and those who need to have their say whether they are big corporate bodies, small companies, individual consumers or local community groups, etc.
- Make available to all parties the means to fully express their interests in complete transparency.
- Use the proffered responses to assimilate the impact of each potential decision in advance.
Furthermore, there are other reasons call for the public consultation process arise out of changes in the sector environment, e.g.:
- Multiplicity of variety of services and their relative importance to State performance and stakeholders, value.
- Diversity of technology solutions and their different impacts on feasibility of investment, quality of performance and service deployment and affordability.
- Encouragement of investment activities by mitigating entry barriers and enhancing competitiveness.
- Encouragement of small businesses, communities of special needs, women sector and rural and remote areas.
- Respond to environment conservation issue.
- Commitment to millennium goals.
In this respect, NTC is not obliged to commit herself to any consultation response.