This category is of special effect and opinions are normally extended from parties who have special interest or benefit in the subject matter. Such matters NTC need to know the relevant opinions before tackling the regulatory act. To support this kind of consultation, NTC shall endeavor the following:
- Ask for the participation of those presumed qualified to state their points of views on the subject matter, being small or big companies or institutions , industry groups, consumer groups or individuals.
- Full description of all available options before decision making.
- To encourage all who have certain points of view to respond knowingly and on purpose, NTC shall use these responses to analyze the impacts of any approved decision.
- NTC shall be clear and transparent. All parties will be acquainted with all steps, what, when and why.
- Keep time as short as possible. The relevant market is liable to fast-paced change.
As NTC task span a wide range of responsibilities, from simple telephone calls to intricate disputes between big telecom companies, it is necessary to be aware that all decisions are formulated and issued with adequate prudence and based on as much information as possible. More often than not, that shall call for the issuance of integrated and detailed documents for specific consultations describing NTC considerations hitherto.
When the intended decisions are meant to address a limited number of corporate customers or in case of a short time available to adopt a decision, NTC may issue a concise request for consultation within a specified period of time. In this case, each consultation shall be dealt with differently according to the sort and activity of the consulted party and the possible vested interest in the subject matter.