Role & Authority
The Corporation shall have the following functions and powers namely to :
- Lay down the plans, policies and regulations for the provision of the telecommunication services and their establishment thereof on the national level taking into consideration the balanced development and the service of the social and national objectives.
- Approve the methods and cost of telecommunication services and regulate the tariffs of the services in coordination with entities providing such services and supervise them thereafter.
- License the operation in the different fields of services and activities of telecommunications.
- Lay down the bases for the regulation,allocation and licensing the of the frequencies for wireless equipment wireless, systems and broadcasting stations, taking into consideration the security aspects relating.
- Coordinate with the competent entities in relation to the assembly, import and manufacture of the different equipment and materials of the telecommunication systems .
- Set specifications of the systems , terminals and equipment used in the field of telecommunications and esteblish the necessary measurements and test procedures .
- Protect the obligations of the State and requirements thereof in the field of national security ,and defence, emergencies and regional and international policies in co-ordination with the entities providing the telecommunication services .
- Own premises and movable assets and sell there of in the reasonable and nessasry amount for its businesses and dispose thereof in any Legal manner .
- Employ employees deemed necessary according to the approved budget and according to the public service Law .